Whether it’s to remove an existing driveway and prep for a new one or renew your existing water, we understand that planning for an excavation on your property can be unsettling. We hope the information outlined below will provide some insight into the excavation process to help set your expectations:
• Call us, 617-484-3000, to schedule an onsite visit with one of our full-time project managers. This visit will allow the project manager to review the proposed work scope, existing conditions, and subsequent restoration needs at your property.
• You will then receive a free estimate from us for the proposed work. The estimate is based off the site visit to review existing conditions and engineered drawings, if applicable. The estimate includes all labor, materials and equipment needed to complete the proposed work.
• Pre-Mark For DigSafe – Once selected for the work, a member of the F.E. French Construction team will visit your property and pre mark the area to be excavated with white paint or flags, if necessary. Pre-marking the area is required by law and assists the utility companies in marking out accurately the existing utilities (gas, electric, etc.…) within the proposed excavation area. F.E. French Construction places the mark out request with DigSafe.
• Apply For Permit(s) – Once DigSafe has been notified, the required permit applications are submitted to the appropriate parties.
• Traffic Management – Depending on the work location, in order to establish a safe work zone, temporary no parking signs and/or other traffic management signs may be placed in the area of proposed excavation prior to work beginning.
• Mobilizing & Securing A Safe Work Zone – When our field crew arrives on site each day, cones, barrels and any appropriate traffic management signs are placed to ensure the safety of the work zone and in turn our employees and the general public.
• Excavation Work – Typically our work takes place Monday-Friday between the hours of 7am-3:30pm. The work is completed by both highly skilled labor and licensed equipment operators. The work is driven through the collaboration of our skilled crew in the field and your project manager to ensure the work is completed safely and efficiently.
• Communication Throughout The Job – Once the work begins at your home, your project manager will communicate with you regularly to keep you up to date on the progress of the job.
If you’re searching for a contractor for your next project, thank you for taking the time to consider F.E. French Construction and we look forward to hearing from you. If you’re currently working with us on a project at your home, we thank you for selecting us for your project.